WORKING AND LIVING IN THE U.S. BASED ON YOUR EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY
Our office has extensive experience in working with Artists. Among other artists, we have worked with models, photographers, acrobats, musicians, actors in theatre, stage, and film, dancers, and other performers.
The O-1B visa is ideal for artists who are recognized as being at the very top of their field and who are coming to the United States to continue work in that field. To establish eligibility for an O visa you must have either received, or been nominated for, significant national or international awards or prizes in the particular field, such as an Academy Award, Emmy, Grammy or Director’s Guild Award, or evidence of at least (3) three of the following:
- Performed and will perform services as a lead or starring participant in productions or events which have a distinguished reputation as evidenced by critical reviews, advertisements, publicity releases, publications, contracts or endorsements.
- Achieved national or international recognition for achievements, as shown by critical reviews or other published materials by or about the beneficiary in major newspapers, trade journals, magazines, or other publications.
- Performed and will perform in a lead, starring, or critical role for organizations and establishments that have a distinguished reputation as evidenced by articles in newspapers, trade journals, publications, or testimonials.
- A record of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes, as shown by such indicators as title, rating or standing in the field, box office receipts, motion picture or television ratings and other occupational achievements reported in trade journals, major newspapers or other publications.
- Received significant recognition for achievements from organizations, critics, government agencies or other recognized experts in the field in which the beneficiary is engaged, with the testimonials clearly indicating the author’s authority, expertise and knowledge of the beneficiary’s achievements.
- A high salary or other substantial remuneration for services in relation to others in the field, as shown by contracts or other reliable evidence.